Dr. Leland Chick – Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Salt Lake City & Moab, UT
Leland Chick, a native Kentuckian, has been in practice in Utah for over twenty years. From 1989-1996 he was on the faculty of the University of Utah, teaching residents and medical students the art and practice of Plastic Surgery. During his last three years there, he served as Chairman of the Division of Plastic Surgery. He left the University in 1996 to establish a private practice of Reconstructive and Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
Dr. Chick is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, and is a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgery. He is also a member of the American College of Surgeons and has been elected to the prestigious American Association of Plastic Surgery. He graduated medical school at the University of Kentucky, completed a General Surgery residency at Dartmouth (New Hampshire) and then a second residency in Plastic Surgery at the University of Massachusetts. His practice has two components – aesthetic surgery and reconstructive surgery – both firmly grounded in the principles of function and beauty.
Dr. Chick has had extensive training in all areas of plastic surgery, to which he provides Salt Lake City patients. He has attended the following institutions:
- University of Kentucky – Bachelor of Science, 1977
- University of Kentucky – Doctor of Medicine, 1981
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, Hanover, New Hampshire – Resident, General Surgery, 1981-1986
- University of Massachusetts – Resident, Plastic Surgery, 1986-1988
- University of Utah – Faculty 1989-1996 (Chief of D. 1993-96)